66,343 health workers have been registered in the iHRIS database in four provinces.
- Three of the targeted four assisted provincial health departments (Kasai, Maniema and Nord Ubangi) are now using human resources statistics from iHRIS to develop the HR Annuaire (human resources planning document) each year.
- The health worker identification process has now been completed in four provinces: Kasai, Kasai-central, Maniema and Nord-Ubangi, where 66,343 employees have been registered.
- During Year Five, the iHRIS database for Maniema Province was finalized. The system was presented to and validated by key stakeholders, including the Comité du Pilotage Provincial of Maniema. A full review of the Maniema iHRIS was completed, data was corrected and missing data entered. The appeals process, as established in Kasaï and Kasaï Central, was completed for 90 cases in Maniema and data for 72 “appealed” health workers’ data was entered into iHRIS.
- Primes de Risque: There were 5,062 employees on the national budget payroll listing, costing CDF 300,843,629, about $180,000 per month. Using the data captured by iHRIS, 2,124 (42%) phantom employees were not found in the iHRIS database. These phantom employees were costing CDF 72,420,937, about $44,000 per month. These funds have been reallocated to the staff of health workers.
- Salaries: There were originally 3,380 employees under the budget payroll listing, costing CDF 282,369,071, about $171,000 per month. 2,453 employees were confirmed in the two databases, of which 927 (27%) were phantom workers not found in the iHRIS database, costing CDF 77,412,292, about $48,000 per month. Staff of health workers covered by reallocation of funds: 781 (CDF 64,444,896, or about $40,000 per month).
- Another key achievement has been the sharing of iHRIS data between the MOH and the Ministry of Public Service (MPS) for retirement planning. It was found that 356 health workers in these five provinces were eligible for retirement in 2017. The MPS will also use iHRIS, with financing from the World Bank, as part of the Rajeunissement des Agents de l’Administration de la Fonction Publique.
- Other uses : The iHRIS database is also currently being used to elaborate HR directories for DPS Kasaï, Maniema and Nord-Ubangi, training of provincial level data managers and managers on the use of iHRIS data on a daily basis for decision-making, utilisation des données iHRIS for the retirement of health workers, and to regularize agent files without assignment commission.